Lavender is a calming, soothing sedative and stress reducer. Scientific evidence suggests it helps with restlessness, reduces agitation, promotes relaxation, and reduces anxiety while lifting ones mood.
Chamomile is used as a calming agent, as it has been found to reduce irritability and lower blood pressure. Studies show that chamomile reduces anxiety levels and calms nerves.
Clary Sage Oil
Clary Sage has a long history as a medicinal herb. Known for its calming properties, it's one of the most relaxing, soothing and balancing essential oils for people suffering from chronic stress or anxiety disorders. It also has euphoric properties, leaving a feeling of joy and ease. Studies have shown its ability to naturally lower blood pressure and support hormonal balance.
Our team of chemists and formulators worked hard to create this essential oil profile, giving you a repeatable and controlled effect every single time. To create this blend, we've used these key essential oils.
Extract Consultants does not sell any products with THC and/or CBD. Special care should be taken to ensure safety at all times. Please wear gloves and eye protection and have proper ventilation. Our products are extremely potent and concentrated. For more safety Information, please review each materials SDS (safety data sheet.)
Product data sheets can be found here.
Our Remedies line of Effect Blends are specifically designed to work directly with oil based products. End products consist primarily of tinctures or topicals. Generally speaking, topicals and tinctures require the least amount of usage, and other applications may require a higher usage rate comparatively.
Each blend has an average add back range of .5%-3%. This can vary quite a bit based on preference, and the final product that it is going into, so in general you should start start low (.5%) and work your way up. You can always add more!
1. Prepare your material and Calculate add back rate.
- Warm up your oil as you normally would.
- Calculate how much of our Effect Blends you will need to use by weight. Always measure by weight, and never by the drop.
- We will use an example of a 50g batch, and an add back rate of 3%. Using a calculator, input 50 X 0.03 (3%.) You should get an answer of 1.5g.
2. Weigh your terpenes and set aside in preparation for mixing.
- Next, take a Pyrex beaker and a scale that is accurate to at least 0.00 decimal places.
- Place beaker on the scale and using the same example of 3% usage in a 50g batch, carefully weigh out 1.5g of your Effect Blend, using a disposable plastic pipette.
- Set aside in preparation for mixing.
3. Remove your oil from heat and allow it to cool.
- Let your material cool down enough so that you can still manipulate it. Your oil should at the very most be 100°F at the time of adding terpenes.
4. Add and mix.
- Once your material is at 100°F or less, it is time to add back the 1.5g of terpenes.
- Pour them into the oil and using either a Magnetic Stir bar or a hand tool, mix the solution for up to 20min.
5. Wait, and taste.
- Many people make the mistake of tasting the product right after mixing. It is always better to let the solution sit for 24 hours.
- Once it has steeped for a day, and it has passed your visual test, you may apply it to whichever end product the material is going into and give it an official taste test.
6. Record your formula, and move to production
- Once you are satisfied with your end product, it is ready to go into production.
- If this is the first time you have developed this product, be sure to document your add back rate for each terpene product for future use.
Note: Always store your finished product between 60° and 75°. This will help prevent separation, crystallization, and oxidation.
|We have included an abbreviated PDF version of these instructions for your convenience. Also included in this download is a worksheet to keep track of the add back rate you use for each of your products!|
Stress Relief Full Spectrum Effect Blend (Organic)